Hnry customers now have the option to send a Quote for their services to a Client before they Invoice that Client.
With the arrival of Quoting, we’ve widened the scope of the Hnry service to cover the full end-to-end suite of features that contractors and freelancers require. From the admin that’s involved before the work (getting prices and costs secured), to the payment process, to the post-work tax admin – Hnry can now handle it all.
What does this mean for you, the Hnry customer?
As with many of the features in Hnry, Quoting is entirely optional for Hnry customers.
If you’re the type of freelancer who sends Quotes to your Clients, or if you have a Client that requires you send them a Quote before you Invoice, then the Quoting feature is something you’d definitely find integral to your work.
Once you or your Client has accepted the Quote, you can simply convert it into an Invoice with just the click of a button.
If you’re keen to use Quoting, here’s a basic rundown of how to easily send a Quote to your Clients and get it converted into an Invoice:
- Open up the ‘Quotes’ tab on your Hnry dashboard and click ‘Add New’ to get started. Select the Client to whom you’d like to send a Quote, or add a new Client if you’d like.
- Next, simply add or adjust your services and prices, set an expiry date for the Quote, and add any comments you’d like your Client to see before you send them the Quote.
- Once you or your Client approves the Quote, you’ll receive an email notification and from there you’ll just need to convert that Quote into an Invoice. This last small step is not yet automatic.
After that the rest of the steps follow the normal Invoicing process.
For more info about sending Quotes in Hnry, check out our Quoting Guide.
Other small differences
- Along with the addition of the ‘Quotes’ tab in the main menu, we’ve moved the ‘Services’ tab into the ‘My Account’ section of your Dashboard.
- When you go in to create a new Client, you can select the option to send them Quotes and Invoices. In addition, you can also choose whether or not you’d like to receive PDF versions of these Quotes/Invoices, should you select that option.
For any questions about Quoting in Hnry, or for future feature requests, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with the team today!