JavaScript is disabled

For full functionality of this site it is necessary to enable JavaScript in your web browser. Click the button below for instructions on how to enable JavaScript, then refresh the page.


Your browser is unsupported

You'll need to upgrade to a modern web browser to access this site. Click below to see some options.

View Browsers

Should you register a company?

Are you a self-employed contractor or freelancer? Take our quiz to find out if it's worth registering as a company.

Many self-employed contractors and freelancers think that they have to register a limited liability company in order to trade.
This is a common misconception.


In fact, there is very little advantage of registering a company when you’re trading as an individual, and for some it can result in increased compliance costs and headaches.

We’ve put together this quiz for independent earners to find out if it’s worth registering as a company.

Use Hnry’s quiz below to see whether or not you should register as a company or stick to being a sole trader:



Share on: